AlcoholEdu®for High School Media Competition
VIDEO: SUBMISSION AND RULES
The 2011 Media Competition is now closed.
Please read all of the following rules and information before submitting a video. Your submission will constitute an agreement to the rules and information on this page.
Prepare a video consisting of no more than 1-3 segments. Videos could contain a public service announcement, advertisement, music video, or theatrical production. The public service announcement should try to be under 45 seconds long. Include a completed cover sheet with the sponsoring teacher's name and contact information, along with the name(s) of the participating student(s). Submissions must be received no later than April 29, 2011.
Mail your AlcoholEdu for High School Media Campaign Competition cover sheet, summary, and your CD or DVD to:
AlcoholEdu for High School Media Competition
c/o Outside The Classroom
250 1st Avenue, Suite 201
Needham, MA 02494
What videos are acceptable?
• All entries must be original material. Any and all copyrighted materials will not be considered.
• Entries must not have been previously optioned, purchased, or produced.
• Entries should not include images of inebriated students, underage drinking, nudity, or violence.
• Entries must NOT put individuals at risk of injury or death during production.
• Entries that have received awards from other competitions are ineligible.
• Entries must be sponsored by a teacher.
How will my submission be evaluated?
Videos will be judged by qualified experts selected by Outside The Classroom. Submissions will be judged on:
- Overall creativity and level of effort.
- The ability of the video to convey a strong take-away message for its intended audience, high school students.
The decisions of the judges are final. Sponsoring teachers will be notified of the submission's status by mid May. Please do not call or email Outside The Classroom for information about the status of your video.
Who will see your video?
Winning submissions will be featured on Outside The Classroom's Web site. Videos may be featured in future versions of the AlcoholEdu for High School course, and excerpts may be used in public outreach or for other educational purposes.
How will you know if your video was selected as a winner?
Outside The Classroom will contact all winners through their teacher either by email or via telephone. Winners will be notified by mid May. Please do not contact Outside The Classroom to ask about the status of your submission.
Who retains the rights to your video after the competition?
Outside The Classroom will retain rights to all submissions after the competition.